All About Communication FAQs boy playing with a toy

All About Communication FAQs

Welcome to the All About Communication FAQs page, your go-to resource for all inquiries related to communication services at All About Communication! Whether you’re wondering about assessments, therapy options, or insurance coverage, we’ve compiled comprehensive answers to your most pressing questions. Dive in to discover everything you need to know about accessing our services, fees, funding options, and more. At All About Communication, we’re dedicated to providing clarity and support on your journey toward improved communication skills.

Contact us for any questions not answered on this page.

We're All About Transparent Communication

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

You do not need a doctor’s referral to access services; however, you should contact your extended health provider, as some require one for reimbursement.

If you have any questions about your child’s development, please feel free to contact us or talk with your family doctor or paediatrician.

Speech and Language Services are typically covered by extended health care benefits. Some insurance companies also allow us to direct bill.  Please contact your provider to determine any benefits or limitations.

We have two brick and mortar locations in Ontario. 

The first location is in Oshawa at 1077 Boundary Road, and we also provide in-home assessment and therapy in the Durham Region, depending on your location and availability.

In addition, we have a location in Peterborough at 1434 Chemong Road. All assessments and therapy take place in clinic in Peterborough. Virtual services are also provided Ontario-wide.

The cost of service depends on several factors. Please contact us for more information.

We invoice all our clients following their appointments.  Invoices are sent to their email addresses and can be paid online using Credit Cards, Visa Debit and Interac e-Transfer™.

Speech and language services are available in Ontario from birth to five years of age through the Preschool Speech-Language Program. Locally, these services are available at Grandview Children’s Centre and Five Counties Children’s Centre. Parents can self-refer to this program. Other community funding is available through a number of private charities.

CDA stands for ‘Communicative Disorders Assistant.’  

A CDA is someone who works with a speech-language pathologist (SLP) or audiologist (AUD) to provide intervention to individuals with difficulties in the area of communication. CDAs do not work independently from an SLP or AUD. CDAs are trained to work in the areas of speech, language, augmentative communication and hearing with individuals of any age. (

All About Communication uses CDAs, when appropriate, to provide quality intervention to our clients.

Speech-Language Pathologist Assistants do similar work to a CDA, providing intervention to individuals with difficulties in specific areas of communication; however, they do not have the equivalent course. We hire new grads as students as Speech-Language Pathologist Assistants.

"The point of parenting is not to have all the answers before we start out but instead to figure it out on the go as our children grow. Because as they do, so will we."

— Bridgett Miller

Skip to content